Second Shooting with Kimberly Jarman
Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So many of you who follow this blog know that fellow Phoenix-based photographer Kim Jarman and I are very good friends. We hang out, take pictures of each other and our families and do our workshops together. (Here is her adorable family.) Ironically, she went to high school with my brother-in-law in Pinetop, in fact they were pretty good friends, but we didn't discover that to about a year after knowing one another. One of those, "Are you kidding me? We are supposed to be friends!" moments.

At any rate, Kim had a wedding at the Pinetop Country Club at the end of May, and I was planning to be up there visiting my in-laws on that same weekend, so she asked if I would second shoot the wedding with her. I don't normally ever second shoot simply for scheduling reasons, but for Kim, I knew we would have a great time and I was more than happy to do this with her. As luck would have it, Kim's clients were not only awesome (beautiful, cute and kind all rolled into one) but the light was AH-ma-zing that day! Perfect cloudy skies, but the kind where the rain held off at all the right moments.

I wanted to share some of my favorite images from the day. I had so much fun second shooting because I got to enjoy the day stress free and just be 100% creative. It was a lot of fun. Following are some of my favs and Kim has a ton of amazing shots over on her blog from this wedding, so be sure and check those out too.

I hung out with the guys while they got ready and they were a lot of fun.



This friend of Seth's was particularly hilarious and I love, love this shot of him lighting up his cigar. (I think that is a cigar!)



Then I headed over to the club just in time to catch Emily with finishing touches (getting ready) and help Kim shoot the first look.



Some images from their first look:





A detail of Emily's bridal shoes. Gotta love a girl who goes for style and comfort on her wedding day!



A couple shots while Kim was shooting Emily's bridals.








Kim let me set up a shot in the woods across from the country club and because we had the umbrellas to ward off the rain, and Emily was carrying her dress that way anyway, this one came to me and I LOVE it!



The next four are just second perspectives from Kim's beautiful handiwork.








This one below might be one of my new favorite candid captures of all time. I adore this. Isn't she gorgeous?



More second takes of the bridal party and details:


Some pre ceremony candids:



A few takes from the ceremony:






So many great candid opps of the kids. They were all so cute and expressive.


The kids were having fun dancing


Had them flip the umbrella around for another shot and love this one too :)


Thanks Kim for having me second shoot with you - I had a blast!

Labels:

3 Comments For This Post ~ Add A New Comment...
 
 
     
ARCHIVES
September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009
  CATEGORIES
ALL
WEDDINGS
ENGAGEMENTS
PORTRAITS
ALBUMS
NEWS
PERSONAL
RESOURCES
CONTESTS
RSS FEED