Fedyski Family
Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I was so happy to see my friends the Fedyski's recently! DeAnn and I used to work together about 12 years ago at my very first job out of college (PR). The job itself wasn't the greatest, BUT I did make some very good, lasting friends from my time there- like DeAnn. We don't get to see each other nearly enough these days, but I always love catching up when we do get to meet up. Plus its so cool to be able to photograph my friends kids, to see them growing and changing, like Grace and Jack!












A classic, more traditional family shot - but always timeless for those holiday cards. And not always an easy feat with a toddler in the mix!




Okay, I had to post this shot below because it was one of those happy accidents. I was taking a few headshots for DeAnn at the end of the shoot and then she stepped back and pretended to fall off this little ledge. Me, being in the jumpy-pregnant-state I am, feared she really was falling back and I lunged out to grab her. Somehow the camera went off and I managed to get this really cool effect on this image, plus capture DeAnn's fun, silly side at the same time, while the camera came away from me quite quickly. It almost looks like a Lensbaby image with most of being totally out of focus in the background (moreso than a 2.8 lens will capture), but her in focus. Pretty sweet I thought! (There is no post processing on this at all.)



And I had to get one of DeAnn and I for posterity sake! The last image I think I have of us together was from like 11 years ago on some business trip to Tucson or something. We both looked a little younger then, but probably not quite as fulfilled as we are today.

Labels:

0 Comments For This Post ~ Add A New Comment...
 
 
     
ARCHIVES
September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009
  CATEGORIES
ALL
WEDDINGS
ENGAGEMENTS
PORTRAITS
ALBUMS
NEWS
PERSONAL
RESOURCES
CONTESTS
RSS FEED